Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HAPPY YEAR TO YOU ALL

I like to think of myself as a writer. Most of the times I write things that are difficult to comprehend even to me. Inevitably I write also about my personal life and family life.

So many things have happened in the year just ending and many thanks to all those who stood by me in all seasons making me a success out of the year just ending. My immediate thinking when I was just entering this ending year was that I will keep my resolutions true. One of the resolutions was to keep you and all my readers updated all the time. I never thought that rough times will be there in the year.

Expectations of the coming year are just unrealistically high that I had to trim them down for fear of reappraisal. Frankly speaking it will be a year of good and bad. Many have predicted that the year will bring a lot of roses. On the economy I see prices of essential commodities rising unbelievably. This will not due to the coming year’s problems but things that have failed to materialize and we have failed to conquer in the going year. What comes so early in my mind is the fuel crisis, the donor money in flow and the earthquakes.

Politically, I don’t see the UDF party holding a credible convention as promised by the outgoing chairman of the party. This will be due to internal squabbles currently in the party. Friday Jumbe has a huge task lying ahead of him in bringing all the big heads together to finance the convention and do it as one block. I am seeing a few changes also in ministerial appointments which I will not mention for now.

We will off course lose some big heads to death in the coming year but the shock will not be as much as many would be made to believe.

Religiously, the fight between Pac and government on justice continues.

All in all there will be positive areas as well; so many districts will register good harvest in the coming year making another successful year in agriculture.

Wishing you a success full year

No comments: