Saturday, August 22, 2009

MALAWI CAPITAL CITY GAINS

There are not many people who live in Lilongwe who really lives the breeze of Lilongwe city to the full. If you ask a Lilongwelian where the best shopping mall is, hardly will they explain to you with no struggles. Suppose you are entering Lilongwe for the first time either from Mzuzu or Blantyre-the quickest conclusion you will draw is that-there is no life in Lilongwe. But is it true?

I have taken much of my time recently visiting some of the exotic places in the capital city in as far as shopping is concerned and realized that apart from spending you money on beneficial items of your life-rather needs and not wants, you add fun to the whole affair.

First I set out to visit, the foodzone. Situated right if you are coming from Mchinji, district bordering Zambia at crossroads hotel. The place is a must go area. It has wonderful stuff on display. From food to lotion and house utensils to the bathroom needs. I pushed the trolley walking every step through the shop. At the end I was satisfied with what was on display. I left the shop without buying anything though things are so affordable. But my most intriguing moment was the why the name Foodzone when I cant sit down and eat anything on the verandah or backyard of the shop. Then I realized that just a stone throw from the shop there is a pizza inn. The place is so exotic.

Then I decided to drive to biznowaty complex, I know you will say its not a complex. If you ask me I call it that because you won’t find one thing at that place, you need internet cafĂ©, food, fuel, ziboliboli-name them. Looking at my back, there is a centuary. A place full of different species of animals and people. I am not saying people live there, but it’s where lovers meet. Hardly will you see a man alone without a girlfriend or a wife by the side at this place.

All I wanted was a fully cheap place where I can buy house things that can last me a month. After I enquired, someone told me chipiku was the place. So I drove back to old town-Paul kagame road and the car park was full. I knew here is the place. The rest I will wait till you tell me.

I love attention. There is nothing that irritates me more than having to stand in a long queues and wait to be attended to by a receptionists who could not be bothered by my exhaustion. That’s one thing that worried me at the visit to this place, I can’t blame her since people were too many but I saw some tellers there with no people and asked myself what is the unemployment rate in this beautiful country? I almost walked out of this shop without buying anything yet my trolley was full!

There is also fun at mamamia, if you are in Lilongwe don’t miss this place just situated close to Lilongwe hotel also on paul kagame road. Somewhere there.

No comments: